Kassadin is a unique champion in Wild Rift. He is a mage-assin. He is a champion who scales very well into the late game. If players ever need a melee mage in the mid-lane, who can also counter mages, Kassadin is the man. He specializes in dealing with mages and is one of the few champions, whose ultimate is on a very low cooldown, starting at 6 seconds. He is mainly played in the mid-lane. In this guide, we will discuss how to properly build Kassadin with items, summoner spells, and runes in Wild Rift. Without further delay, let’s get into it.
We also have previously discussed how to master playing with LoL Wild Rift champions like Ammu, Master Yi, Jinx, Braum, Dr. Mundo, Akali, Yasuo, Singed, Jax, Darius, Ashe, Lulu, Varus, Tristana, Kennen, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank, Teemo, Xayah, Rakan, Corki, Shyvana, Janna, Katarina, Leona, Pantheon, Diana, Galio, Fiora, Rammus, Sona, Kai’Sa, Rengar, Kha’Zix, Nasus, Renekton, Irelia, Riven, Nami, Soraka, Graves, Senna, Lucian, Akshan, Thresh, Seraphine, Vayne, Ezreal, Ahri, Draven, Brand, Nunu and Willump, Lux, Veigar, Caitlyn, Morgana, Kayle, Sett, Yuumi, Alistar, Shen, Karma, Orianna, Gragas, Olaf, Ekko, Pyke, Annie and Nautilus. So, players must make sure to check these champion guides as well. For now, let’s focus on this guide on Kassadin in Wild Rift.
Kassadin is a mage-assassin. But, he is also an anti-mage. This means that he innately counters almost all ability power-based, magic-damage-based champions in Wild Rift. Of course, the matchups are also dependent on the players. It is advised to play Kassadin, if the enemy picks a mage in the mid-lane. In this section of the guide, we will take a look at his abilities.
Passive: Void Stone
Kassadin gains a shield that absorbs 50 magic damage (50 + 30% scaling with Ability Power) for 1.5 seconds when casting a spell near a visible enemy champion. This passive is on a 9-second cooldown.
Ability 1: Null Sphere
Kassadin fires an orb that deals 80 magic damage (80 + 80% scaling with Ability Power) and silences the first enemy hit for 1 second.
Ability 2: Nether Blade
Nether Blade enhances Kassadin’s next attack within 4 seconds to gain 250 range, dealing an additional 50 magic damage (50 + 50% scaling with Ability Power) and restore 5% of missing Mana (15% vs champions). If the attack kills the target, Nether Blade’s remaining cooldown is reduced by 50%.
Ability 3: Force Pulse
Force Pulse deals 60 magic damage (60 + 50% scaling with Ability Power) to enemies and slows them by 30% for 1 second. Force Pulse is enhanced after 6 spells are cast nearby, dealing 60% increased damage and slowing for 90% instead.
Ultimate Ability: Riftwalk
Kassadin blinks to a target location and deals 90 magic damage (90 + 30% scaling with Ability Power) to nearby enemies. The next Riftwalk cast within 12 seconds deals 50% increased damage, but costs 200% Mana (stacks 3 times).
Skill-Up Methods for Kassadin
Kassadin’s skill level-up order is matchup-dependent. Here are the general guidelines with reference to different matchups.
Skill Level-Up Order against Attack Damage (AD) Matchups
- 1st Ability (Null Sphere): Level 1, 8, 10, 11.
- 2nd Ability (Nether Blade): Level 2, 12, 14, 15.
- 3rd Ability (Force Pulse): Level 3, 4, 6, 7.
- Ultimate Ability (Riftwalk): Level 5, 9, 13.
Skill Level-Up Order against Ability Power (AP) Matchups
- 1st Ability (Null Sphere): Level, 1, 4, 6, 7.
- 2nd Ability (Nether Blade): Level 2, 12, 14, 15.
- 3rd Ability (Force Pulse): Level 3, 8, 10, 11.
- Ultimate Ability (Riftwalk)Level 5, 9, 13.
Best Rune Setups and Spells for Kassadin in Wild Rift
Kassadin is a scaling champion. Along with that, he is an anti-mage. Being a high damage champion leads to him being a bit on the squishier side of the health pool. So, he has to equip runses that help him survive, while also maintaining his damage numbers. In this section of the guide, we are going to talk about which Rune Setups and spells are the best for Kassadin in Wild Rift.
The following runs work best for Kassadin in the mid-lane.
Keystone Rune: Electrocute.
Electrocute is the best keystone for Kassadin in the mid-lane. It amplifies his damage and works well in conjunction with his kit. Especially when he uses Riftwalk, he can blink to an enemy champion, using Force Pulse and a basic attack, thus proccing Electrocute. Then, if the enemy is low on health, he can finish them off with Nether Blade.
Triumph is good for Kassadin, because it grants him some survivability. It revives the user’s health when they take down an enemy champion. When Kassadin gets a takedown, he will recover some of the missing health, and since Triumph also deals more damage to enemies below 35% health, he can get the kill sooner in order to trigger the health revival.
Nullifying Orb is the best survival rune for Kassadin. It shields him when he falls below a certain health threshold, and in teamfights that is exactly what he needs, so he can assassinate the stragglers and then regroup with his team.
Hunter-Genius grants Kassadin 3 Ability Haste right off the bat. When he takes down 5 unique enemies (i.e. Every enemy champion at least once) in the match, this Ability Haste stacks up to a maximum of 18 Ability Haste. This helps to reduce his abilities’ cooldowns. This in turn helps him to spam his abilities more often.
Kassadin has a great ability combination he can use. Flash+Riftwalk can help him catch up to enemies who are farther away. Besides that, as with other champions, it helps him avoid difficult situations.
Since Kassadin is a burst mage, he does a ton of damage in a short amount of time. If this damage doesn’t kill the target, and they escape, ignite comes into play. Ignite also helps to reduce enemies’ healing by applying Grievous Wounds to them.
Best Build for Kassadin in League of Legends: Wild Rift
In this section of the guide, we will discuss the best item build for Kassadin in League Of Legends: Wild Rift.
- Rod Of Ages: Rod Of Ages gives Kassadin 250 Health, 300 Mana, and 60 Ability Power. This is a fantastic first item for Kassadin, as it gives him all three things necessary for his early game survival. Its unique ability allows him to restore Mana up to 15% of the damage he takes from enemy champions.
- Archangel’s Staff: Kassadin’s ultimate ability cost increases by 200%, if used multiple times at once. This leads to the ability costing 560 Mana at its highest point. So, he has to have large stores of Mana, and this is where Archangel’s Staff comes in. It grants Kassadin 500 Mana, 35 Ability Power, and 20 Ability Haste. After using his spells and stacking the Tear of the Goddess component up to 700, this item is converted into the Seraph’s Embrace. This, in turn, grants Kassadin 1200 Mana, and Ability Power up to 3% of the new total Mana. This enables him to output a large amount of damage without having to worry about running out of Mana.
- Lucidity Boots (Stasis Enchantment): As with other mages, Kassadin depends on his abilities to do damage. These abilities have cooldowns. Lucidity Boots help to reduce these cooldowns, and the Stasis Enchantment helps him to survive unsavory situations and buy his team some time.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap.: This is a pure overkill item on mages. It grants Kassadin 120 Ability Power, and increases his Ability Power by 40%.
- Void StaffThis helps Kassadin when he is up against tanks. It gives him 70 Ability Power and 45% additional magic penetration.
- Morellonomicon: Morellonomicon applies Grievous Wounds to the enemies that Kassadin damages with his attacks and abilities. It grants Kassadin 300 Health and 70 Ability Power, along with 15 flat magic penetration.
League Of Legends: Wild Rift Kassadin Gameplay Tips
In this section of the guide, we will discuss how to best play Kassadin in the early, mid, and late game.
In the early game, Kassadin is weak. Utmost care should be taken to not die in the early game. His power increases with levels, as his ultimate ability’s damage increases with levelling it up. It is better to farm up and collect gold and levels at this stage. Dying even once can set him back significantly.
The mid-game with Kassadin can be played in a few ways. Players can continue farming up, to get these items and levels. It can help our team in teamfights. Players can go around and plant deep wards in the enemy jungle. This is because, Kassadin has a free flash in the form of his ultimate. But, as stated before, it costs 200% more Mana for each subsequent cast. Therefore, it is necessary to be careful when wandering on the map without vision.
The late game is where Kassadin shines. He can dish out unholy amounts of damage with his ultimate in teamfights. When he gets all of his items and levels, he can become very scary, and can even one-shot squishy mages. In this phase, it is all about staying with your team and pushing lanes, while finishing off any enemies that get too close.
|Champions that counter Kassadin||Champions that Kassadin counters|
Overall, Kassadin is a good champion. This isn’t broken or overpowered but against mages, as he is an absolute monster. New players can have a little bit of difficulty playing him at first, due to his kit being a tad bit confusing. Once mastered, he is one of the best mid-laners against a lot of AP champions.
That’s all for today’s League of Legends: Wild Rift Kassadin Guide. Do you prefer to use/build him in any other, different way? Let us know in the comment section below!